Spherion Staffing is in search for a Logistics Coordinator for a new fast pace and exciting position!
In this position you will need to execute the dispatch and tracking of all Maritime shipping "containers, chassis and gensets to and from the Gulfport Terminal. You will need to provide accountability for all fruit product inventory and all documentation necessary for sales to correctly invoice customers. The position also requires, for accounting purposes, various daily, weekly, and period reports. This position will also provide back up for Vessel discharge operations as well as hardware support for all Dispatch operations.
Other Duties Include:
1. Communicate with drivers (our customer) while updating the computer system to reflect the movement of equipment and/or product in or out the terminal.
2. Communicate with the sales office regarding changes needing to be "made to the bills of lading (date, carrier, etc.)"
3. Coordinate with sales office regarding special assignments to receive specific loads.
4. Prepare and distribute various daily, weekly and period reports
5. Maintain Equipment Inspection Report (EIR) files.
6. Rotates weekend duties with fellow employees.
7. Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
8. Provide hardware support for hand held computers used in dispatch functions, troubleshooting issues with connectivity, routers, antennas, printers, etc.
Working hours: 8:00 am to 5:00- MUST be flexible
1.Strong in computer skills
2.Knowledge of trucking, shipping or maritime procedures would be an advantage
3.Systems hardware support
4.Systems hardware training
5.Ability to multi-task
6.Ability to work well in a team environment
7.High level of motivation and ability to work with limited supervision
8.Excellent verbal and written communication skills
9.Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
10.Ability to properly handle confidential information
11.Ability to work overtime and various hours
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.