Looking for Qualified Accounting Clerks in Lagrange
Accounting & Auditing
Temp to Perm
US$ 11.50 - US$ 12.00 per hour, $11.50 - 12.00 per hour + none
Mcfarland, Shelly, Spherion
The Accounting Clerk prepares journal entries and reconciles accounts to ensure books are closed each month in a timely manner. The Accounting Clerk also assists with other ad hoc business office requests.
- Prepare journal entries for the general ledger regarding the following items: Donations, miscellaneous revenues, bank activity, postage allocation, fleet allocation, pledge receivable, net asset allocations. Validate and post EOM recurring journal entries.
- Assist in keying journal entries into Great Plains.
- Prepare reconciliations regarding the following: multiple bank accounts, other accounts receivable, and miscellaneous income.
- Create Purchase Order for all departments.
- Provide a quarterly Outstanding PO report.
- Order office supplies for all departments.
- Oversee distribution of credit card expense reports, validate expenses/receipts and prepare journal entries.
- Order new credit cards, distribute cardholder policies and maintain Acceptance of Responsibility file for new employees.
- Facilitate communication between the Fraud Department and cardholder
- Work with auditors to complete yearly audit.
- Ad hoc business requests.
Working hours: 40
- Minimum of 5 years of accounting experience.
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills.
- Seeks to take the initiative, a demonstrated strong work ethic, and ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated creative problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Very strong Excel skills
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Bachelor's or Associate degree in Accounting or related field.
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.