• Set-up and operate production equipment to produce product that meets internal and external customer demands.
• Assist in the determination of production schedules, raw material needs, and manufacturing operations by communicating effectively with team members and support departments.
• Assist with routine administrative tasks and department back-up functions to ensure the timely and effective completion of projects and the smooth operation of the department in support of team and divisional goals.
• Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that interfaces well with customers, clients, co-workers, and management members.
• Continually monitor manufacturing methods, processes and procedures to ensure departmental and business goals are met while maintaining or improving cost competitiveness, which includes identifying, recommending, and implementing necessary improvements.
• Follow and continually monitor established safety procedures to assure a clean and safe work environment is promoted and maintained.
• Provide quality in all goods and services delivered to internal and external customers through an approach of thorough planning, responsible implementation, and continuous improvement
Working hours: 3:30 pm to 2:00 am Mon-Thurs
--Minimum of a High School Degree or equivalent experience required
--Ability to read blueprints preferred
--Strong Mechanical Aptitude
--Strong interest in, and ability to learn machining
--Good verbal and written communication skills
--Ability to differentiate between alpha-numeric characters
--Ability to operate material handling equipment such as forklifts, man-lifts, and other hoists preferred
--Knowledge of metal types by characteristics, markings, and uses
--Knowledge of, and ability to program and edit CNC programs for all machining operations using the best sequence in order to minimize setup time and optimize quality run time
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.