Primary responsibility is to provide the facility and manufacturing departments with proper machine maintenance and repair in order to reduce unscheduled downtime. This position is responsible for new equipment installation and troubleshooting for all equipment within the facility in order to maintain maximum output with appropriate quality. This position is also involved in the Preventative Maintenance (PM) and safety programs.
1. Maintain, repair and troubleshoot boilers, HVAC and other plant systems.
2. Perform repairs and/or replace defective parts using hand tools and power tools and reassemble equipment. Monitor start up to insure a smooth transition to operations.
3. Coordinate and participate in PM (preventative maintenance) tasks on a daily, weekly, monthly basis.
4. Perform troubleshooting of equipment issues and perform maintenance on all of the facility equipment in order to correct problems. Accurately assess when to call in additional support from other maintenance team members and management.
5. Perform needed testing of equipment and make corrective adjustments to eliminate upsets during production.
6. Understand and be able to train others on the processes for machine repair in all areas of the facility.
7. Document all adjustments and repairs made to the machines during the shift.
8. Crosstrained to troubleshoot all equipment issues and repair.
9. Ability to perform all tasks and duties of the Preventative Maintenance Technician.
10. Promote GMP compliance and help correct GMP issues.
11. Promote quality awareness and help correct quality issues.
12. Monitor downtime and communicate with Manager/Supervisor and when standards are not met.
13. Understand the product specs and operating standards by customer product and implement the necessary equipment for the departments.
14. Basic use of hand tools ranging from common hand and power tools to precision measuring equipment and electrical and electronic testing devices.
15. Install and repair wiring electrical and electronic components, high pressure systems, and plumbing. (steam, air, water, waste water, etc.)
16. Learn, understand, train to, develop and follow documented policies, procedures, and work procedures and drive others to do so.
17. Maintain downtime data on daily productivity board. Assist in maintaining detailed and organized data records for the department.
18. Assist in development of work instructions, training and auditing team members and assisting in special projects.
19. Responsible for being in compliance with all right to know, lock-out, tag-out and other safety training.
Working hours: 10 pm - 6:30 am
1. 1-2 years related experience in a progressive manufacturing setting. Food or pharmaceutical packaging a plus.
2. Previous experience working with machines either in a troubleshooting or set up process.
3. Knowledge of food GMP's a plus.
4. High School Diploma or GED.
5. Must have 2nd class B or higher boilers license.
Spherion is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.