* Follow good manufacturing practices and HACCP training, along with company SOP's, and SSOP's.
* Manage start-up to make sure equipment is in proper operating condition.
* Demand Maintenance as assigned: Skill in diagnosing equipment defects and making necessary repairs.
* Preventative Maintenance as assigned.
* Filing breakdown reports.
* Assist with inventory control.
* Maintain the shop, boiler room, and the interior/exterior of the plant.
* Knowledge of the materials, tools, methods, and techniques used in the mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic trades.
* Basic understanding of motors, and controllers, hydraulics and pneumatics, plumbing.
* Tasks will vary as situations and demands change; the lead/foreman/supervisor will assign tasks as necessary.
Working hours: 3:00pm-3:00am, Fri-Sun
* Perform all duties within OSHA and company safety standards; LOTO, wear PPE and maintain safety equipment.
*Maintain a safe, clean and organized work area.
* Immediately report all accidents and deficiencies to the lead/foreman/supervisor/manager.
* Ensure safety devices are installed and working properly.
* Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions necessary in these trades.
* Suggest cost savings and process improvements; continuously improve the quality of all support activities.
* Adhere to all company personnel policies.
* Return from breaks in a timely manner; notify lead/foreman/supervisor before leaving the department.
* Must be able to pass a drug screen.
* Regular attendance is essential.
* Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
*High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Additional Skills Preferred:
* Basic knowledge of manufacturing.
* Industrial mechanical experience.
* Electrical and electrical troubleshooting of 120/240/480 3ph systems.
* Troubleshooting PLC and frequency drives.
* Welding (both MIG and TIG).
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.