Under direct supervision, performs routine servicing and rebuilding of a variety of production machinery and equipment at location in Winchester, VA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performs routine servicing of production machinery and equipment including systems for air handling, hydraulic, electrical, valves, circuits, and pumps; ensures that preventative maintenance programs are followed.
2. Performs routine rebuilding of machinery and equipment when more extensive maintenance is required.
3. Troubleshoots machinery and equipment malfunctions and replaces defective parts.
4. May perform facilities maintenance at some locations.
5. Plans and paces own work efficiency in order to meet daily, weekly, project, or team related productivity goals.
6. Responds attentively to training from foreman or more senior maintenance technicians in order to increase own knowledge of maintenance and repair processes.
7. Understands and observes all safety procedures and practices in order to prevent injury to self or co-workers; attends periodic safety meetings as required; may recommend changes to improve safety procedures.
8. Other duties may be assigned.
Working hours: 7:00pm - 5:30am
- Knowledge of and ability to use hand and power tools
- Manual dexterity
- Experience in trouble-shooting machinery malfunctions
- Knowledge of safety procedures while performing maintenance tasks
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Ability to read and understand machine and equipment diagrams and system schematics
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and six (6) months related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ACTIVITY The work environment and physical activity described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
o Work is performed within a production environment, subject to temperature variations, hazardous chemicals, mechanical parts, increased noise levels and dust.
o Must be able to lift and carry
o May be required to perform specific tasks that involve climbing, lifting, pushing or kneeling.
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.