The automation technician conducts, maintains, tests and repairs electrical/electronic, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems and components. This position applies knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical principles in determining equipment malfunctions and applies skills in restoring equipment to operation. The electronics technician provides skilled mechanical and electrical/electronic support to all areas of manufacturing.
* Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical/electronic equipment, including programmable controls, numeral controls, power supplies, drives, gauges and test equipment.
* Plans and performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical theories and principles, writing specifications, local and national electrical codes, properties of various materials, and principles of operation and application of electronic equipment.
* Installs, starts up and shuts down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures for machine activation and shutdown and in line with OSHA requirements.
* Advises operators and line mechanics of operation procedures and requirements for working safely with electrical/electronic and mechanical equipment and components.
* Informs appropriate management and line mechanics of potential electrical/mechanical problems and inherent dangers involved.
* Performs preventive maintenance functions as directed.
* Assists maintenance personnel with technical troubleshooting.
* Assists and trains other maintenance and other technical-level employees.
Working hours: 7:30am-4:30pm
MUST POSSESS THE FOLLOWING COMPETENCIES:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions in the manufacturing plant. The noise level in the work environment in the manufacturing plant can be loud. This position is occasionally performed in outside weather conditions.
When performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This is a full-time position. Days and hours work are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., 40 hours per week. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Two-year technical degree or apprenticeship program or the equivalent in a technical field.
Three to five years of experience in the electrical/electronics, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic fields.
Three years computer experience/operation and PLC programming.
Send resume to: email@example.com
Spherion is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.