Material Handler in Mansfield
Manufacturing & Production
Temp to Perm
Great opportunities at a major
manufacturing company in Mansfield!
Material Handler position available on 1st
and 2nd shift!
Under minimal supervision of the designated Manger, the
Material Handler is responsible for facility movement of work in process,
sandblasting, removal of metal chips for recycling and general material
movement (both interior and exterior of facility) as instructed by Manager.
Position is temp-to-hire!
2nd Shift available
Pay rate = $13.00 - $14.00/hr (based on experience)
- Per shop routing, move material to subsequent operations.
- Empty chip containers into correct hoppers.
- Move raw materials as instructed to machines.
- Maintain clean, safe, environmentally friendly work environment.
- Obtain and maintain copy of production schedule and transports material or equipment to and from designated areas in the facility
- Loading and unloading goods from vehicles such as trucks.
- Moving goods packed on pallets or in crates around the facility (interior and exterior)
- Stacking goods in the correct storage bays, following inventory control instructions
- Checking loads are secure
- Stacking empty pallets
- Performing daily equipment checks such as recharging the truck’s battery and lubricating equipment, daily inspection of forklift.
- Examining products to verify conformance to quality standards
- Cleaning of paint booth, paint booth components, chains, slings, hooks, cabinets, and any other items as instructed by manager.
- Follow all lean and 5S initiatives as instructed by manager.
- Any other items as deemed necessary and job description may change as business needs change.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High School diploma/GED
- Have lift truck operators license or be able to immediately pass lift truck operators license course to obtain lift truck operators license.
- Have 5 years’ experience (preferred) operating a forklift in a high demand area
- Ability to load and off load flatbed trucks
- Ability to load and off load on a loading dock
- Good Communication/people skills
- Ability to work with limited supervision and direction
- Excellent time management skills
- Use and knowledge of hand tools, pneumatic tools, and power operated
- Execute assignments in an accurate, timely and safe manner
- Above average concentration/intensity
- Above average memory, taking into consideration the amount of responsibility and product
- Above average time pressure of decision making
- Frequently lift up to 50 pounds Regularly – 100 lbs. intermittently and adjust body position to bend, stoop, stand, walk, turn, pivot, and stand for long periods of time
- Use of hands
- Able to work from floor level to 15 ft. with no restrictions.
- Regularly sitting on a powered industrial truck
- Having a good sense of balance
- Having good eye-hand-foot coordination
- Ability to assess weights and judge distances and heights
- Ability to work in varying temperatures, depending upon season
Interested in this great opportunity? Apply online anytime at WWW.MIDOHIOJOBS.NET and select Mansfield as your office of interest. Already registered with Spherion Mid Ohio? Contact our office for more information.
2282 Village Mall Dr.
Mansfield, Ohio 44906
Spherion Mid Ohio is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.