- Accurately account for and locate work of finished and WIP products to assure timely and accurate delivery of product to internal and external customers.
- Prepare documents for product and inventory being worked on.
- Utilize the inventory system to locate and distribute inventory to support internal and external customer time frames.
- Communicate effectively within the department and throughout the organization.
- Continually monitor methods, processes and procedures to assure meeting departmental goals relating to efficiencies, equipment utilization and time usage in order to maintain or improve cost competitiveness. Work as a team member to determine and implement necessary changes.
- Safely operate equipment, such as forklifts, order pickers, and swing reaches, to assure business unit personnel safety is maintained at all times.
Working hours: M-F 7AM-3:30PM
KNOWLEDGE and CERTIFICATION:
--Knowledge of job efficiency/cost savings.
--Prior warehouse work experience.
--Knowledge of safety techniques for loading parts into tanks or pans.
--Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
--Strong Customer Service skills.
--Ability to read English to interpret warehousing documents such as pick tickets, routings and BOMs
--Ability to accurately hand-count parts.
--Ability to do cooperation and teamwork.
--Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
--Ability to accurately weigh-count parts.
--Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
--Recognize and identify parts by description.
--Ability to safely operate forklift and obtain/retain certification.
--Ability to research product location using ERP system.
--Ability to complete routings, cut/partial paperwork/move cards.
--Ability to keypunch material issue cards.
--Routine maintenance checks for forklifts.
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.