Our client located on the Southside of Jacksonville is in need of experienced Medical Billing Clerks for a long term project. Ideal candidates will have 1+ years experience in accounts receivable in a healthcare environment. This position is responsible for contacting insurance carriers, patients and other facilities as needed to get maximum payment on accounts and identify issues or changes to achieve client profitability. Ability to research and resolve accounts appearing as directed by management.
- Process AR work to ensure client metrics and productivity standards are being met.
- Access various payer websites to ensure proper processing of claims, research errors, and contact insurance carriers as needed.
- Responsible for special project assigned by leadership.
- Identify trends or issues, rectify if appropriate, and alert management to concerns.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Excellent understanding of the A/R process
-Capable of training others and answering questions from co-workers when necessary
-Strong analytical and interpersonal skills and ability to interact with senior level clients
-High level of computer literacy with command of office software including excel spreadsheets, pivot tables and PowerPoint presentation
-Good knowledge of healthcare, government and/or insurance industry
Working hours: Monday - Friday
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1-2+ years work experience
- Previous Accounts Receivable follow up experience in a healthcare environment required
- Emergency Medicine professional and facility side billing experience preferred
- Inpatient facility side billing experience preferred
- Surgical / OR facility side billing experience preferred
Spherion is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.