Spherion, a locally owned staffing company, is accepting applications for dynamic, hard-working warehouse operators in Meridian
Shifts 8 a.m. - 4 p .m. $9.00/hr
4p.m. - 12 a.m. $9.75/hr
12 a.m. - 8 a.m. $10.50/hr
Candidates will need to apply at www.spherion.com and must be willing to submit to a background check, drug screen, and applicable assessment testing.
A desire to work for a fast-paced, large corporate organization with a "roll-up your sleeves" attitude! The Warehouse Operator will be responsible for ensuring efficient and accurate order deliveries and locate, and ship product appropriately.
Duties emphasize pulling, staging and sorting orders while maintaining a safe, clean and organized facility.
*Must be flexible for Overtime, which may include non-schedule days.
Typical daily duties as follow:
- Reads production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Fills requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, tools, or other stock items and distributes items to production workers or assembly line.
- Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or conveys orders to packing station or shipping department. Weighs or counts items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards. May pack customer orders for re-pack, Scan and load UPS orders, Ship stage orders or QA check customer orders
- Stack product appropriately, label application as needed, and use of RF scanner if required.
- Successfully meet company expectation in regard to accuracy, performance, and attendance.
Working hours: Varies
--High School Diploma or equivalent.
--Proficient to read, write, and speak in English.
--Proficient in arithmetic.
--Ability to work independently and in a diverse work environment.
--Indoor conditions, cold/hot temperature changes, wet, noise, vibration, fumes, odors, dust and mechanical/electrical/chemical hazards.
Physical Requirements: Ability to move product, supplies, and boxes up to and over 75 lbs. repetitively Sitting, standing, walking, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, handling, talking, hearing, visual acuity-near and far, depth perception, field of vision, color vision.
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.