Spherion is searching for candidates for our client's mixer department.
- Record necessary data as required on daily reports and work center schedules.
- Communicate with Lead or Supervisor to mix according to production demand.
- Must be able to follow formula per the standards of the company.
- Ability to operator all scales, mixers, braziers, chocolate melter and margarine melter.
- Reports equipment issues to supervisor or lead immediately.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and sanitary work area.
- Must be able to perform duties in a pace consistent with production line.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Clean up nuts and debris during and immediately following all production runs.
- Fast paced, working with manual and automated processes and equipment. Factory climate changes with the season and employee must dress accordingly. Chemical handling is required for production line sanitation.
- This plant produces and employees will be handling products that contain allergens, including, but not limited to: milk, soy, wheat, egg, tree nuts and peanuts.
Working hours: 5:00am to 4:00pm Monday through Thursday
- Excellent math skills are needed to interpret and adjust formulas to increase batch size and utilize scales properly.
- Ability to become familiar with company methods, standards and apply that knowledge to daily duties.
- Must be able to perform job duties at a pace that is consistent with the pace set by the mixer.
- Will be responsible for giving direction to mixer assistant when working with one.
- Possess upper and lower body strength.
- Possess normal to excellent manual dexterity and motor skills.
- Possess good eye-hand coordination.
- Familiarity with factory policies regarding safety, quality, and GMP's.
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED), or equivalent experience.
6 months to 1 year of related experience.
- Lift up to 40 pounds.
- Standing the entire shift.
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Hair net, ear plugs, boots, smock, and frequent hand washing)
- Must wear cut resistant gloves at all times when using knives or similar tools.
- Must wear eye protection when using air hoses.
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.