The Operations Officer has a strategic and operational responsibility to create, communicate and assure adherence to sound policies, including, but not limited to, the BSA/AML Policy, CIP Policy, Security Policy, Safe Deposit Policy, Wire Policy, and Authorizations and Cash Limit Policy. This role manages the Deposit Operations Supervisor, Loan Operations Department ensuring effective and efficient operation of the respective departments while maintaining high service standards compatible with our Mission and Vision Statement, Core Values and Core Purpose.
Working hours: Full Time Days
* Guide and coach direct reports to ensure satisfactory or higher performance as outlined in his/her performance plan.
* Continually develop performance standards and monitor regularly.
* Monitor all department functions to ensure uniform understanding of and compliance with Bank policies and procedures.
* Communicate, recommend, and/or implement changes when Service Standards cannot be met.
* Coordinate certain functions of all locations to maximize cost effectiveness.
* Develop, maintain, and direct a BSA program that is in compliance with regulations.
* Obtain annual Board approval of the BSA Policy, as well as any other policies that fall within this area.
* Conduct annual training of bank staff for BSA.
* Maintain CBAP education requirements (Certified BSA AML Professional) including having knowledge of developments in the area of anti-money laundering, including FinCen and FDIC requirements relating to BSA/AML and the USA Patriot Act.
* Serve as CIP Officer, enforce the CIP policy and make exceptions on a case-by case basis.
* Monitor and perform 314a searches with extreme confidentiality.
* Maintain 314b designation.
* Serve as the OFAC Officer and perform searches as the list is updated.
* Analyze transactions and names daily produced by the Patriot Officer software for IAT (International ACH Transactions) and OFAC searches.
* File Suspicious Activity Reports and investigate accounts as necessary.
* Monitor and update high risk accounts and industries within the bank.
* Monitor kiting and make determinations to close accounts as necessary
Security Officer, Card Services and other duties as assigned.
Spherion is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.