1. Design and specify packaging materials to promote, organize,and protect Special Service tools per the customer standards, in a timely, through and concise manner.
2. Communicate and coordinate projects with external suppliers and Purchasing to ensure projects meet design and deadline requirements.
3. Document and communicate assembly instructions and materials for the manufacturing environment .
4. Consistently create methods of cost reduction of packaging materials.
5. Perform packaging testing ASTM, TAPPI, and ISTA when necessary to assure form, fit, and function in our distribution environments .
6. Represent the Packaging Engineering Team with .professionalism and integrity when communicating with the Customer, Cross Functional Teams and the entire organization.
7. Take full responsibility for providing the customer (internal and external) with service products (documentation, prototypes, etc.) that exceed customer's expectations .
8. Support the leadership Standards.
Working hours: 8 am to 5 pm
1.-Minimum BS Packaging Engineering
2.-Demonstrated design skills and creative abilities utilizing CAD 3D solid modeling and supplier methods (Solid Works preferred) .
3.-Thorough knowledge of packaging manufacturing processes and materials, with experience at designing with corrugate, plastics, wood and cushioning materials.
4.-Knowledge of multiple distribution environments, ie: truck, air, export.
5.-Experience with Bills of Materials, ECO's, ASTM, TAPPI standards, ISTA and HAZMAT(+). 6 . Must have demonstrated PC skills (Excel, Microsoft Office and CAD).
7.-Proven ability to work in cross-functional team environment.
8.-Good oral and written communication skills and solid documentation skills.
9.-Project management skills - multiple project experience - Microsoft Project (+). 10. Ability to work with challenging individuals and customers.
11. Creative Problem Solving-proven problem solving ability via design or process. 12. Demonstrated ability to make commitments and produce results.
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.