We have an exciting, direct hire position available for anyone who is looking for a steady career in HR!
The HR Administrative Assistant (HRAA) will provide front line HR support to corporate HR functions reporting to the Senior Manager, Benefits and HRIS. The HRAA will assist the HR department in carrying out programs, processes, policies and procedures; including ancillary duties related to culture enhancement, HRIS support, benefit administration, record keeping, employee file maintenance, and compliance with state and federal employment laws.
- Reconcile monthly benefits programs eligibility, enrollment, and billings.
- Perform data entry of employee life cycle events into the HRIS.
- Data entry and ongoing monitoring of expiring licenses and certifications, with notifications.
- Enter employee status change information as needed into company intranet site (Compass).
- Assist with the management of cabinet keys, security fobs, and photo badges.
- Schedule and assist with new employee luncheon activities (may be a secondary responsibility).
- Assist with HR special projects and employee events.
- Maintain paper I-9 employment authorization record binders as directed (may be a secondary responsibility).
- Assist with open enrollment activities.
- Perform and maintain secure HR employee records filing.
- Support documentation for Affirmative Action and EEO-1 annual reports.
- Assist with preparation and maintenance of employee handbook, policies/procedure and job descriptions as directed/requested.
- Participate in team building activities and company sponsored events.
- Participate in process improvement activities and work in conjunction with HR team to build and enhance HR processes.
- Assist with updating and maintenance of HR documents and systems as directed.
- Order and assemble materials for new hire form folders and gift bags.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Working hours: Mon-Fri
Experience: Minimum of two years' experience as an administrative professional required. Knowledge of general human resource programs, policies, and procedures related to employee relations, benefits administration, and understanding of state and federal laws related to employment practice strongly desired. Intermediate to Advanced Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skill required. Knowledge of / experience with HRIS products is strongly preferred: Employease / HR-B / Workforce Now! (or other ADP HRIS product) very helpful.
--High integrity and confidential trust required
--Ability to build and manage relationships
--Judgment and Decision-making
--Ability to communicate effectively (written, verbal/presentation and active listening)
--Customer-Centric Skills, and ability to understand internal and external customers needs
--Ability to continually/multi-task and manage in a fast-paced environment
--Understanding and coping with constant change
--Ability to take initiative and see projects/initiatives to completion
--Ability to see the current state, in all its ambiguity
--Ability to look for explanations of that state without blaming other people
--Ability to work with people to change the current state to the desired state
--Valid driver's license and vehicle insurance required.
Spherion is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.