Handle operations of a specific clinic department front desk, including appointment scheduling, answering phones, insurance verification, etc. while ensuring operational efficiencies.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Greets patients and registers patients as they arrive for appointments, lab tests, or walk in request
- Provides patient's with appropriate paperwork for completion.
- Makes verification phone calls to scheduled patients.
- Daily communication with nursing staff
- Works closely with the Business Office to verify insurance eligibility and verifies demographic and insurance information for new and established patients, according to protocol
- Prepares paperwork for the following days' appointments and/or any walk-in patients.
- Takes accurate patient information for return calls from clinical staff and relays information to clinical staff.
- Answers incoming calls, meeting the caller's needs. Converts prospect phone calls to appointments.
- Schedules testing and appointments, maintaining accurate schedule
- Maintains accurate filing and record keeping.
- Schedules return appointments as requested.
- Attends regular staff meetings
Working hours: Monday-Friday 8am to 5pm
--Knowledgeable in Word, Excel and Outlook
--Ability to manage multiple tasks and work independently
--Strong verbal and written communication skills
--Good decision making skills
--High school degree required
--Up to two years experience in medical field is a plus
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.