Payroll Specialist in Baton Rouge
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Administrative & Support Services
Temp to Perm
US$ 14.00 per hour
V. Carr, Spherion
Needed: Payroll Specialists
A large national company is looking for Payroll Specialists with excellent Customer Service, Data Entry, Analytical, and Mathematical skills.
Responsible for all aspects of quality client service.
• Contacts and assists clients with payroll input; verifies totals and resolves client issues.
• Maintains base of payroll clients on products for assigned clients in order to meet client payroll Human Resource and employee benefit service needs.
• Contacts clients daily according to set schedules in order to obtain payroll data including salary adjustments special payments tax allocations and employee deductions or adjustments.
• Keys all payroll-related data necessary to process and meet appointment schedules. Provides quality client service to maintain a high rate of client retention.
• Maintains knowledge of the payroll processing system and changes in wage and tax laws to develop a trusted relationship with our clients.
• Corresponds with federal state and local tax agencies on behalf of clients to resolve problems. Maintains client files to ensure efficient operation and improved client service.
• Researches and resolves client and system problems to ensure accurate payroll reports and tax returns.
• Establishes and maintains a positive working relationship with clients agencies and coworkers to promote a positive quality service image.
• May participate in conducting branch training sessions to empower and develop employees. Continues self-study modules to become a Senior Payroll Specialist.
High school diploma Minimum of 3 years office experience with a proven facility in data entry customer service and problem resolution required. Capable of performing understanding and explaining to clients payroll and tax computations.
These are possible temp-to-hire opportunities