Picker/Packer in Mount Pleasant
Mount Pleasant, Pennsylvania
Warehousing & Distribution
US$ 10.00 per hour
Jackie McGrail, Spherion
The Order Picker/Packer works in a warehouse and store room setting. He/she receives written orders and picks the items from various bins, shelves, and pallets. The Order Picker/Packer moves the "picked" items to an area where they package the items for shipping.
Essential Job Functions:
The following skills and abilities are essential in the performance of the position.
General Job Skills/Requirements:
1. Must have a strong mastery of basic math skills, including an excellent understanding of the concepts related to various units of measure.
2. Needs ability to understand directions and follow proper procedures.
3. Must be able to work quickly and efficiently under tight time deadlines.
4. Requires ability to work within the team concept of supporting co-workers.
5. Must be reliable, prompt, and report to work in a physical and mental condition enabling them to successfully perform the functions of the job.
1. Must be able to repeatedly lift and move items weighing up to 70 lbs. (with assistance).
2. Requires ability to stand and walk continuously for extended periods of time while reaching for, holding, and moving items weighing up to 70 lbs.(with assistance)
1. Must have a high school diploma