Plant Controller - Direct Hire! in Emporium
Manufacturing & Production
US$ 100,000 - US$ 120,000 per year
Ed Jenkins, Spherion
partner providing and ensuring effective financial management and control of
the local business. Proactively participates in the planning, management and
strategic direction of the business and leads the financial staff at the plant.
Accountable for plant level responsibilities including general accounting, cost
accounting, business analysis and financial reporting.
- Provides meaningful financial analysis support as a member of the
plant management team.
- Ensures compliance with global financial policies and procedures,
including US GAAP and local reporting requirements.
- Maintains an adequate
system of internal controls.
- Leads the development and management of the budget, including
ongoing variance analysis.
- Leads the weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual
consolidated actual reporting and forecasting requirements including
detail monthly variance reporting (Causal Analysis, Etc.).
- Consolidates the business plan at the site level and provides
regular feedback on progress against the plan.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships within the
site and business unit, including its various locations along with
corporate financial management, other functions, and the Salem Shared
- Provides adequate controls for the plants inventory valuation (cost
- May supervise the work of 1 or more financial analysts or
- “Champion Diversity & Inclusion
in line with the Company Guidelines”
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Accounting,
Finance or related field. MBA or CPA preferred.
Financial expertise and skills to effectively
deliver the responsibilities outlined above including knowledge and
familiarity with IFRS and US GAAP, financial systems, and Microsoft Office
Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to
create and maintain productive work relationships.
Minimum 5 years related experience in a (preferably
automotive) high volume manufacturing environment.
Proficient in all Microsoft Office Applications.
Strong cost accounting knowledge and experience.
Significant capability, drive and initiative to
create and manage own work agenda.