Press Break Operator needed for a prominent mfg. here in the River Region to work 1st shift (6 a.m. - 2p.m. w/ overtime) Starting pay rate is $13 per hour with the opportunity for long-term growth.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Operates and maintains fabrication machinery and tools in an efficient, proper and safe manner including, but not limited to, press brake operation. Also operates a battery-powered/hand-guided forklift.
2. Produces high quality fabricated items with minimum supervision and within specified tolerances; selects and uses the proper measuring devices/tools for specified gauging; performs quality checks.
3. Supports the operating philosophy of the Company including its policies and procedures; sustains a strong work ethic and caring attitude: is punctual, dependable, cooperative and responsible; assist in self-development and in the training of others when asked.
Working hours: 6 a.m. - 2 p.m.
1. High school diploma (or G.E.D. equivalency) is required.
2. Two to four years applied trade (manufacturing) experience; knowledge of working with stainless and grain materials is required.
3. Must be proficient with blueprint reading
Spherion is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.