Responsible for the hands on management of production employees in a manufacturing environment. Plans, assigns, and directs production employees to ensure maximum efficiency, quality of products and resources.
Provides leadership, support and direction in team oriented environment.
- Coordinates production schedule to meet customer needs.
- Ensure OSHA compliance.
- Ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost and employee relations.
- Monitor and resolve inventory issues.
- Conduct thorough audits of safety and SQF related issues and assign corrections.
- Monitor production trends of under achieving lines and correct or make recommendations for improvement.
- Develop and Implement improvement and quality initiatives.
- Determine staffing and production needs for the next shift and relay this information to Team Leaders so they can make necessary line preparations.
- Manages shifts performance measures and provides regular progress reports to manager.
- Develops and revises standard operational procedures (SOP) to ensure flawless compliance with established procedures.
- Manage and develop production staff including training, performance management, evaluation, coaching, and discipline.
- Other duties as assigned.
Working hours: 12:00PM - 9:30PM
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a food manufacturing environment, managing 80-100 direct reports
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Required to work a flexible schedule, Overtime when necessary
- SAP proficient
- Proficiency in MS office programs
- Knowledge of GMP/SQF requirements
- Self-starter and a team player that will thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- Must possess the ability to communicate effectively both internally and externally
- Safety trained
- Lean trained
Spherion is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.