Production Supervisor 2nd Shift in West Fargo
West Fargo, North Dakota
Manufacturing & Production
$0 per hour + none
Eric Rasmusson, Spherion
Our client, a manufacturing company, has an opening for a Production Supervisor. This position is responsible to lead and direct production lines and meet and exceed company goals. The key responsibility of this position is to advocate continuous improvement by ensuring quality assurance and productivity.
This individual is required to develop long-range department goals/strategies, ensure the department is running effectively and efficiently, and use data to implement continuous improvement. This position will monitor the workflow of the department, department calls, and feedback to management on product quality issues.
Major Job Functions:
- This position is responsible for managing and supervising their department, this includes: hiring, developing and training/cross training associates, appraising, disciplining, line balancing, and product prioritization-- while constructing long-range departmental strategies and making decisions that proactively affect the department
- Create and maintain a work environment that promotes success and surpasses company goals
- Will assist with department performance reviews, (including: training, appraisals and disciplines)
- Will communicate safety and safety training and ensure that employees are properly trained on using equipment and power hand tools
- Will maintain responsibility for keeping proper paperwork and documentation of departmental data
Working hours: See job description
--Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college/university in a related field preferred or one to two years of related supervisory experience or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
--Production experience is preferred
--To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of the Human Resource Systems, (Oracle); Manufacturing software, (ICIM); Spreadsheet Software, (Excel); and the ability to write professional letters and business correspondence using the internet, Microsoft Outlook and Word
To be considered, please apply online at www.spherion.com/fargo
If you have any questions please contact Eric Rasmusson at 701-412-2887
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.