The intention for the creation for this position is to assist in building continuity in the daily flow of production and minimize downtime on the production floor by assisting production and sanitation personnel in their day to day duties.
- Meet with Department Supervisors and representatives of the previous shift on a daily basis to review plant status and determine action plan.
- Assist with line clearance, line set up and line changeovers
- Assist with transportation of sheet pans, clean equipment, dirty equipment and dirty sheet pans.
- Operate corrugated bailing machine and trash compactor.
- Properly document waste on production paperwork.
- Post clean inspections of all equipment.
- Maintain manufacturing paperwork related to specific functions.
- Add and Remove plastic bags from equipment before and after sanitation cleans.
- Delivers supplies to and from production lines to ensure they are running to their utmost efficiency.
- Must be able to use equipment (stacker, electric hand jack, forklift) properly.
- Must adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
- Frequently exposed to cool and/or wet conditions.
- Noise level usually loud. Hearing protection is required in designated areas.
- Fast paced, working with manual automated processes and equipment.
- Factory climate changes with the season and employee must dress accordingly.
- This plant produces and employees will be handling products that contain allergens, including, but not limited to: milk, soy, wheat, egg, tree nuts and peanuts.
Working hours: 6:00pm to 4:00am Monday through Thursday
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong time management & organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially the ability to work well with others.
- Ability capacity to successfully use a wide range of equipment.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Ability to up to 50 pounds repetitively.
- Ability to apply company methods and standards to daily job function.
- Ability to do overhead lifting.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, crouch and climb steps.
- Frequently required to use hands and fingers to, handle, or use objects, tools or controls.
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (hair net, ear plugs, boots, smock, and frequent hand washing)
- Must wear eye protection when using air hoses.
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.