We are looking for a Programming Manager to join our client's Research & Development team in SC. The selected candidate will work closely with product owners, scrum masters, management and customer teams to optimize the ability to bring well-conceived and well-implemented software applications to this specific market.
As a candidate you can consider the following:
- Lead teams of software developers and mentor them along their career path.
- Lead the effort to define code standards and establish architecture rules for each platform.
- Provide technical leadership to all product teams.
- Approve all technical choices for development tools, third-party components and move to new versions of development tools.
- Analyze product teams' needs to ensure that each has adequate resources to meet development goals.
- Make decisions regarding the assignment or reassignment of developers to product and project teams.
- Assist in overall R&D planning and decision making. Step in when needed to assist in critical problem solving for customer issues.
- Provide technical advice and make decisions. Assist customer teams with release planning.
- Take a lead role in implementing scrum and agile on all product teams.
- Accomplish team results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring and appraising job results; developing, coaching, counseling and disciplining employees; and initiating, coordinating and enforcing systems, policies and procedures.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
Working hours: 1st shift
--Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related with 6-8 years of experience as a Software Developer or an equivalent mix of education and experience
--3+ years of experience managing programmers, including experience managing remote programmers/teams
--Demonstrated ability to lead and influence teams and/or projects
--Proven experience using Lean or Kanban concepts
--Proven experience working with Amazon Web Services or other cloud-computing services
--Thorough understanding and knowledge of scrum and agile
Employees will receive a competitive salary and robust benefits plan in a relaxed, enthusiastic environment. Our benefits include, among others, Medical, Dental and Vision plans, generous paid time off, a 401K program, and company-paid Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability plans.
Spherion is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.