QC/QA Technician for Food Processing Facility in Fresno area
The Quality Assurance Compliance Coordinator is responsible for maintaining the Food Safety and Quality Programs. Develop and execute broad quality and food safety policies and procedures in an institutional food ingredient dry processing facility. Provides audit information to Internal Auditor and management by researching and analyzing data.
- Performs internal supplemental audits to verify that records (e.g., equipment, training files) are in conformance to applicable SOP and regulatory requirements. Facilitates changes to SOPs, policies, training materials, and other documents.
- Supports departments by collecting and coordinating internal compliance data with auditors and various departments. Provides administrative support by implementing systems, procedures, and policies; completing projects in support of compliance auditors.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Performs Daily production area audits for cGMP compliance and notifies management of quality/compliance issues.
- Participates in Safety and Environmental initiatives that will contribute to compliance of State/Federal regulations and improve existing Company programs.
- Assists in the maintenance and review of quality programs including HACCP and certification programs
- Collect and evaluate information to assist in internal and vendor audits. May support or conduct internal audits and prepare summary reports.
- Review production and control records using established procedures and guidelines to support lot release of raw materials, and components.
- Advanced knowledge in cGMP, BRC and other regulations in order to assure quality compliance
more details provided during interview
Working hours: 8am - 5 p.m. and other shifts as needed
--Required: Associates or equivalent college level certifications or training
--Required: Certified in Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) through accredited training program preferably Advanced HACCP and/or HARPC.
--Required: Proficiency (API or similar) in Laboratory Analysis- Chemistry and/or Biology or Microbiology
--Preferred: Bachelor's Degree in Food Science, Chemistry, or Biology/Microbiology.
--Required: 3 to 5 years of technical laboratory/food safety experience of which at least 2 years within a food processing or industrial setting
-Good Written Communication Skills
Spherion is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.