Spherion has a first shift Quality Technician opening for a large manufacturing company located in the Charleston, SC area. We are seeking candidates who want a long term career opportunity. Please send your resume to Stevenpaul@spherion.com
First Shift: 6:00am to 3:30pm
Pay Range: $45-$50k/year.
- Inspecting incoming goods;
- Ensure a high level of internal and external customer service. Investigate (and correct) customer issues and complaints relating to quality.
- Create, document and implement inspection criteria and procedures.
- Ability to interact with vendors to ensure quality of all purchased parts.
- Assist in internal auditing programs to monitor product quality and customer service.
- Maintains and continuously improves ISO 9001 / 14001, including performance objectives and targets, management of documentation, corrective and preventive actions and internal/external conformance audits.
- Take part in Quality related issues, such as:
- Preparing quality documentation;
- Providing work instructions /procedures/check sheets, etc.;
- Calibrating equipment for quality control;
- Conducts quality inspections of bellows, frames, floor/ceiling covers and other products.
- Ensures completion of in process inspection sheets and other quality documents.
- Ensures compliance of quality standards during periodic audits by independent external auditing authorities with no major non-conformities.
- Assists with new project implementation.
Working hours: 6:00am to 3:30pm
Educational Level for Position:
--High School Diploma
--CQT - preferred/ not required
--Minimum 5 years experience
--Documented training in ISO/QS 9001/14001
--Related Courses is a plus (GD&T, Blue Print Reading, Statistics, etc
--ISO 9001/14001 Lead Auditor training from an ISO certified training company
--CMM experience (portable FARO, ROMER arms)
--Experience/training using SPC, Lean Manufacturing, Kaizan, Six Sigma
--Experience calibrating tools (pneumatic and dc torque tools)
Spherion is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.