R&D Lab Engineer in Montgomery
$0 per hour + none
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Main goal of the work will be building up laboratory capabilities and expertise.
- Setting up laboratory equipment to be able to run functional and validation testing of LF-valve-blocks
- Plan and coordinate procurement and installation of hydraulic test rigs
- Standardize laboratory activities
- Support launch of new products and design changes of existing products by performing testing
- Support series production in trouble shooting and failure root cause analysis
- Support R&D department and communication to German HQ
- Perform LPAs at production lines
- Support team in implementation of necessary processes for ISO TS 16949 audit
- Assist R&D team in creation of bilingual documents
- Other duties as assigned.
Working hours: 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday
Skills, Education and Experience:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or Physics
- At least five years relevant lab experience
- Some experience in operating lab test equipment like climate chamber, temperature shock chamber, salt spray cabinet, oscilloscope, etc.
- Basic knowledge about hydraulics, pneumatics and electronics
- Articulate, professional appearance and use of time management
- Some knowledge of the German language and customs advantageous
- Software: Microsoft Office, especially MS Excel, VBA macro programming, testXpert (Zwick press), Lotus Notes,
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to supervise others
- Ability and willingness to make presentations to small and large groups of salary and or hourly associates.
- Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment and handle multiple projects and assignments with proficiency.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Holds a valid passport and has the ability to travel internationally.
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.