R&D Chemist opening for a large manufacturing company located in the Charleston, SC area. We have an immediate opening for R&D Manager. This is a Direct Hire Opportunity with tons of growth opportunity. Please forward a copy of your resume to Stevenpaul@spherion.com.
Pay Range: $80,000- $125,000
First Shift- 8:00am to 5:00pm
R&D Chemist Responsibilities
- R&D Chemist to development and support of liquid coatings technology
- Experience with formulations
- Quality Control of our manufacturing processes
- Close coordination with Product Management to define our existing value proposition relative to competitive products
- Participation in the development of our laminates Product Road Map
- Technical support of our liquid coatings customers
- Test raw materials(resins, solvents, pigments etc.) for new product development
- Developed new products to the Graphic Arts and Industrial coatings industries
- Quality control of digital and screenprinting inks; familiar with equipment used to measure viscosity, gloss, color, cure, grind, adhesion etc.
- Assist internal and external customers with issues related to ink/substrate/processing
- Generate MSDS for company products
- Oversee reporting and compliance of environmental regulations including EPA, MODNR, and OSHA
Working hours: 8:00am to 5:00pm
The ideal candidate will have the following credentials:
--Minimum of BS in Chemistry, PhD preferred
--10+ years of experience in the development of water based coatings
--Proven track record of performance in an entrepreneurial environmen
Spherion is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.