This position is accountable for the set-up, assembly and packaging of product to cost-effectively produce high-quality products on a timely basis that meets Service Solutions' customer requirements
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES (*denotes essential functions as defined by ADA)
- Assemble and/or package high quality products that meet customer and design specifications while minimizing scrap/rework costs.
- Provide guidance on the line to temporary personnel.
- Continually monitor methods, processes and procedures to ensure departmental goals are being met related to efficiencies, equipment utilization and time usage in order to maintain or improve cost competitiveness.
- Provide quality in all goods and services delivered to internal and external customers through an approach of thorough planning, responsible implementation, and continuous improvement.
- Follow and continually monitor established safety procedures to assure a clean, safe work environment is promoted and maintained.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that interfaces well with customers, clients, co-workers and management members.
Working hours: 7-3:30
--High School Graduate or equivalent required
--Prior assembly experience preferred
--Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
--Ability to read and understand written English
--On-line computing skills to record labor transactions
--Basic Math skills, including percentages and the ability to count accurately
--Ability to read and interpret process routings, bills of materials, and procedures
--Ability to operate hand tools, such as arbor presses, tape machines, and banders
--Ability to work effectively as part of a team
--Quality oriented, with attention to detail
---Ability to work overtime including weekends, and alter hours as business needs dictate
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.