* Plans work activities to produce quality welds in the time allotted by the schedule and manufacturing standards. May adapt procedures, techniques, tools, materials and/or equipment to meet special needs.
* Fabricates fixtures and parts from verbal / written directions as needed.
* Lays out and marks weld points on parts or subassemblies using rule, square, scribe or templates.
* Positions pieces to be welded into jigs, holding fixtures, guides and steps using measuring instruments and hand tools.
* Performs TIG and MIG welding in a sanitary environment. Performs purge welding on tubing or piping.
* Verifies and inspects completed work for conformance to specifications and standards using appropriate measuring devices. Reports all discrepancies with manufacturing to immediate supervisor prior to moving onto the next operation, and then gathers the appropriate departmental personal to determine the best way to achieve the manufacturing standard.
* Uses hand and power tools to grind, sand, polish or cut any stainless steel weldments or sub-assemblies.
* Practices good housekeeping procedures within weld shop and work areas.
* Occasional Responsibilities:
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Working hours: 1st Shift
* High School Diploma or GED. Associates degree preferred.
* Ability to read and understand English such as safety and operational procedures, blueprints, machining and fabrication drawings, and bills of materials.
* Ability to understand written descriptions on work orders and be able to perform math problems related to the work. Training at a Trade School or Apprentice Program is desirable. Welding certification are recommended but not mandatory.
* Thorough working knowledge of orbital welding.
* Demonstrated ability to successfully weld with TIG and MIG in a sanitary environment within established safety, production and quality requirements. Capable of purge welding tubing or piping.
* Ability to efficiently use measuring instruments such as measuring tape, calipers, protractor, machinist scales, height gauges, etc. to verify and inspect own work.
* Ability to fabricate fixtures, and parts from verbal / written directions.
* Ability to cut, bend, and notch tubing.
* Ability to operate material handling equipment, hand and power tools, and to perform manual tasks such as grinding, sanding, polishing, plasma cutting.
Ability to perform quality welds within established safety, production and quality standards is more important than time in job, but a minimum of at least one years' experience working with both TIG and MIG is generally required.
Welding in the food or dairy industry is preferred.
Spherion is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.