We are accepting applications for a Full-Time Scheduler for a client located on the Southside. The ideal candidate will possess 2+ years of experience in Demand Planning, production scheduling and tactical purchasing in support of a manufacturing organization.
Under the supervision of the Purchasing Manager, the Planner/Scheduler is responsible for assisting in organizing the operations of the production cycle.
- Perform material requirements planning through interaction with manufacturing and purchasing personnel
- Communicate priorities and schedule changes on a daily basis to support changes in production requirements with production teams
- Create and distribute weekly/daily production schedules
- Ensure materials are available for production
- Communicate forecast and production schedule changes to Production Manager
- Analyze potential impact of forecast and production schedule changes on component procurement and production volume
- Monitor material status on upcoming orders; Flag and release orders as daily release schedule is defined
- Monitor all orders to assure timely completion to promise date and escalate/resolve issues that may prevent timely delivery of orders
- Implement and maintain cost-effective inventory controls for materials, goods, and supplies.
- Contribute to initiatives for overall cost and spend improvements in support of the Company cost-down goals and objectives.
- Work within a team structure to achieve Company and departmental goals.
- Evaluate current practices and implement continuous improvement activities to increase accuracy and efficiency within the job function while remaining responsive to customer needs.
- Participate as part of a cross functional team to create and implement value-stream related projects to support the overall Company goals and objectives
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned to facilitate the overall operation of the Department or Company.
Working hours: Monday - Friday
--Bachelor's Degree Minimum
--2-3 years progressive experience in Demand Planning, Production Scheduling and Tactical Purchasing in support of a Manufacturing Operation.
--Track record of taking ownership and driving results
--Ability think both strategically and tactically with good attention to detail
--Ability to identify areas of needing improvement and implementing these improvements.
--Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
--Excellent organizational and problem solving skills with the ability to gather pertinent facts and data quickly and act decisively based on information obtained.
--Ability to handle multiple tasks, with awareness of deadlines.
Spherion is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.