To accurately prepare and maintain financial records and to provide management with timely information necessary to make informed business decisions.
- Reconcile sub-ledger to general ledger balances
- Prepare monthly financial statements for 5 affiliated entities with 15 locations
- Prepare monthly billing to clients
- Prepare or supervise bi-monthly payroll preparation for 17 departments
- Manage timely collection of accounts receivable
- Daily management reporting
- Supervise sales tax and property tax reporting in multiple states
- Assist with budget preparation and analysis
- Assist with initial internal control evaluations
- Special projects
- Research and resolve problems
- Maintain accurate, organized books and records
- Maintain professional communication with co-workers
- Provide support to Director of Finance
- Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers
- Various administrative tasks, including errands to pick up mail and accounting-related information from locations within the Asheville area
Working hours: M-F
--Bachelor's degree in accounting preferred
--3 - 4 years accounting experience in public/private accounting
--Strong communication and interpersonal skills
--Strong organizational skills
--Advanced level of expertise in Excel
--Experience with Quick Books or other accounting system
Business Skills and Traits Required:
Confidentiality, record-keeping, communication, accountability, professionalism, organized, attention to details, deadline-oriented, team player, able to manage time effectively, multi-task and work independently.
Maintain professional appearance.
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.