Service Technician in Lakeland
Manufacturing & Production
Temp to Perm
US$ 18.00 - US$ 18.50 per hour, $18.00 - 18.50 per hour + none
Melissa Tomachesky, Spherion
- Service and maintain equipment at customer's site. This includes related activities of safety, communication, customer service, and housekeeping.
- Complete internal and external records and reports.
- Assist other service technicians in installing, removing or making major mechanical changes on machinery.
- Understand customers' machinery and processes used in fruit processing.
- Communicate and transfer information to next shift or to supervisor.
- Manage equipment overhaul so that performance will be to customer standards and completed within a timely schedule.
This is a 3rd shift position with normal operating hours of 7:00pm to 5:00am. Overtime and weekend work is mandatory during the citrus processing season. During the off-season, typical hours are day shift.
Working hours: 7:00PM - 5:00AM
--High School Diploma or GED
--Mechanical and Electrical experience
--Individual may be required to travel or work out-of-town overnight and weekends.
--Mechanical, electrical, and computer training
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
--Working 10 hours per day, 6 days a week for 12 months at a time
--Working around moving industrial machinery
--Using hand tools
--Walking and standing for entire shift
--Receiving and conveying detailed instructions
--Working in moderate to extreme heat
--Handling moderate stress to complete work due to time constraints
--Entering data in computer
--Operating a forklift
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.