Specimen Processing Associates in Madison
Science & Research
US$ 15.00 per hour, $15 per hour + none
Hering, Danna, Spherion
Our client Exact Sciences is seeking Specimen Processing Associates for multiple shifts! If you possess an interest in a laboratory environment and like a fast paced role, apply today!
The Specimen Processing Associate performs the functions of specimen processor under the guided direction of the Non-Technical Manager, Specimen Processing Lead or designee. The Specimen Processing Associate will follow all laboratory policies and procedures and maintain accurate data reporting practices to ensure consistent and diligent execution of specimen processing.
- Reports to work on time, and follows attendance guidelines.
- Conducts all assigned job duties in a timely and productive manner.
- Follows proper specimen identification procedures in the execution of all job duties.
- Performs all job duties according to laboratory policies and procedures.
- Handles and disposes of all specimen following universal precautions and applicable safety policies.
- Accessions and processes laboratory specimen with emphasis on accuracy, timeliness, completeness and compliance.
- Performs basic maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Ability to perform all essential responsibilities of the Specimen Processing Associate position and perform them as directed.
- Meets standards for production and accuracy within 6 months of in shift date.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Must be 18 years of age or older and legally authorized to work in the United States.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Previous experience in a laboratory setting preferred.
Working hours: Tues-Fri 11:30am-10pm
Specific skill requirements include but are not limited to the following:
- Ability to accurately follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to type 35/wpm
- Demonstrated basic understanding of laboratory terminology and equipment.
- Ability to focus on detail and perform repetitive tasks.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Disciplined and reliable; able to stay focused on a task and work independently; motivated to perform quality work; diligent about arriving to work on time and completing tasks that are assigned in a timely manner.
- Possess a positive attitude with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact and build strong working relationships with peers at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work in a team environment and adapt to changing workload and circumstances effectively; able to respond to new information quickly.
- Ability to lift and move 20-40 pounds on an occasional basis (up to 25% of time).
- Ability to stand, walk, bend and reach on a regular basis (standing ~15% of time; sitting ~85% of time).
- Ability to grasp with both hands; pinch with thumb and forefinger; turn with hand/arm; reach above shoulder height.
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.