Provide critical analysis to senior management by preparing standardized reports as well as providing ad hoc analysis as needed. Must be able to quickly gain sound fundamental understanding of major systems such as: G/L, Inventory, A/P, A/R and AS400. The successful candidate will be willing to learn basic database design, utilize advanced financial modeling techniques and display solid communication skills in order to provide all necessary reports and analysis within demanding timelines. Assist in meeting all general departmental goals and responsibilities.
- Prepare, review and distribute daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual financial and operating reports.
- Prepare ad hoc reports and special project work as assigned.
- Provide support for monthly, quarterly and annual financial closings.
- Further development of costing system and complete costing projects as needed.
- Cost support for the manufacturing facility.
- Support quarterly physical inventory processes.
- Analyze, forecast, coordinate and assist in the preparation of departmental budgets.
- Prepare monthly budget analysis reports for each department.
- Provide analysis and support related to forecasting, analysis and reporting of costs.
- SOX compliance efforts and maintain internal control and internal audit protocol.
- Safeguard the confidentiality of company financial information.
- Other duties as assigned.
Working hours: M-F - 8-5
Experience & Education
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance or related degree required.
- Minimum of 3-4 years of work-related experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Costing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of applicable accounting concepts, procedures and practices.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products and AS400.
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.