ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Offer a direct line of communication for and enable a voice for Procurement in meetings.
- Close Communication Gaps within GmbH departments and by offering dedicated buyer in Germany for US liaison.
- Responsible to work on all US project teams and take over assistance provided by GmbH Buyers.
- Work closely within Logistics/Materials Planning to work out shared volumes, shipment requirements, and offer assistance to bird dog issues.
- Work through commercial and contractual issues with European Suppliers by scheduling meeting to sit down and discuss open issues.
- Travel with SQE's to audits when possible and work with them to resolve any shared quality issues.
- Assist in harmonizing monthly and quarterly reporting, management review, and KPI's.
- Review open PPAP issues and work with Quality planning to resolve open PO's.
- Coordinate with R&D and change management process to effectively manage running changes and eliminate scrap.
- Lead development of commodity segment strategies for assigned programs.
- Responsible for negotiating all contracts, pricing and issues with suppliers.
- Support Project Development Teams for regional/global business pursuits programs.
- Work with and lead Project Development Teams and cross functional teams in managing the purchasing function for New Model programs.
- Conduct analysis on supplier quotes and competitively source lowest delivered cost with rationale.
- Negotiate long term strategic sourcing agreements with suppliers. Interview suppliers and evaluate their products and capabilities.
- Conducts continuous improvement and VA/VE workshops with suppliers to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
Working hours: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
SKILLS, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Fluent in English and German
- Work on assignment in Germany for 1-3 years before coming back to U.S.
- Experience in international business and travel
- Project Management experience to drive these open topics to closure and work within the assigned project teams.
- Basic understanding of Supplier Management procedures and requirements.
- Basic understanding of international law and contracts
- 4+ years of purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Bachelors in business, engineering or related discipline (technical aptitude desirable).
- International sourcing experience.
- Strong negotiation skills (cost increase avoidance, long term agreements and contracts).
- Proven cost reduction, continuous improvement & VA/VE experience.
- Professional experience within a global organization, preferably within the automotive industry.
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Assigned commodities and services including sources of supply, commodity markets, price trends, grades, and qualities.
- Common business practices relating to the purchase, pricing, terms, shipment, taxes, and payment of commodities.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment and handle multiple projects and assignments with proficiency.
- Ability to travel as required up to 25%.
- Flexibility to travel between Germany and US on a quarterly basis or as needed.
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.