A successful and growing central New Jersey real estate firm located in Monmouth County is seeking an Accountant with tax experience.
- Prepare financial statements, reports, and records by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
- Assist with the preparation/compliance of federal, state, local, and special tax returns by collecting, analyzing, and formatting financial information.
- Maintain general ledgers and related documentation for properties assigned.
- Communicate results internally and to third party owners.
- Prepare financial statements on a monthly / quarterly basis.
- Assist with special projects in the accounting department.
Working hours: 40
Education & Experience:
--Accounting degree plus a minimum of 2-4 years of prior accounting and tax experience.
--Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, practices, tax laws, and filing requirements.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
--Ability to plan and manage multiple projects.
--Must be able to work independently and in a team environment.
--Must be detailed oriented and possess strong problem solving skills.
--Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
--Knowledge of Go System Tax RS a plus.
--Relevant experience desired in real estate industry.
--Must be proficient in the use of Excel, Word and Outlook.--
The position offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including health, dental, life and long-term disability insurance, 401k plan with matching contribution, credit union membership, and paid vacation. If you are seeking a challenging opportunity, apply today. Please submit your resume with your salary history and requirements. All applicants will be treated with strict confidence.
Spherion is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.