- Completes all related tax forms in accordance with policies, and in compliance with legislation and regulations.
- Furnishes taxpayers with sufficient information and advice to ensure correct tax form completion.
- Consults tax law reference materials to determine procedures for preparation of atypical returns.
- Answers questions and provide future tax planning to clients.
- Reviews financial records such as income statements and documentation of expenditures to determine forms needed to prepare tax returns.
- Researches tax related questions and issues, and responds to clients appropriately and within a timely manner.
- Resolves client complaints, or refers situations to supervisor (as appropriate) for resolution
- Audits all tax return forms for accuracy and completeness (i.e., client signatures).
Working hours: 9:00 AM-9:00 PM
--High School Degree, or equivalent related business experience. Course of study in tax preparation and/or accounting preferred.
--Previous experience in tax preparation and filing a plus.
--Good communication, interpersonal and customer services skills.
--Basic knowledge of computer functions required.
--Must be able to obtain certification by the state with a PTIN (Preparer Tax Identification Number)
--Top candidates for this position will have retail experience providing exceptional customer service and performing multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
--Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
--Economics and Accounting - Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices and the reporting of financial data.
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.