Under general supervision, a Help Desk Technician will be responsible for assisting internal customers with immediate technical needs over the phone or referring issues to the appropriate area for resolution. This position will serve as a point of contact for the majority of technical services or requests, and will work in conjunction with the employees and team members to accomplish timely completion of projects by serving as an internal liaison. S/he will communicate an outgoing and friendly professional demeanor not only to customers but to staff as well.
The Help Desk is staffed Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Saturday rotations from 8:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Additional hours as workload requires. This position may require attendance at various bank/educational functions before, during, or after normal business hours.
Essential Job Functions
- Establishes and maintains professional, positive working relationships with a diverse group of employees and Information Technology team members.
- Receives calls from Branch / Department personal regarding technical difficulties and issues, handling each with professionalism and timeliness.
- Resolves issues over the phone or coordinates resolution with team members if necessary, serving as a liaison between the customer and other team members.
- Provides phone support while keeping informed on major projects and initiatives.
- Maintains a tracking database to record issue details for each call received and identify trends or widespread issues.
- Manages the Help Desk e-mail box to ensure issues reported are tracked and resolved within stated service levels.
- Supports and implements Information Technology policies in a positive manner while abiding by all applicable regulatory requirements.
- Supports the fulfillment of IT hardware purchases by receiving items and coordinating the installment of the hardware and software with our 3rd party vendor.
Working hours: M-F 7am-6pm, Saturday rotations from 8am-12:30pm
Any experience in the IT field; anyone who enjoys problem solving while remaining courteous, professional, and polite to the customer; proficiency with computers and most operating systems, ability to change and adapt to new software programs.
Spherion is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.