Test Lab Manager: Description- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate tests either by personally conducting the test or directing other personnel. Provide the company with reliable theory, test and practices as applied to mobile equipment.
Please apply and forward your resume to Stevenpaul@spherion.com
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to set up and conduct tests of complete units and/or components under operational conditions.
- Coordinate and work in conjunction with internal and external customers to design, layout and/or detail components and systems for testing.
- Record test procedures and results, numerical and graphical data.
- Analyzes test results in relation to design or rated specifications and test objectives and modifies or adjust equipment to meet specifications.
- Ability to set up prototype and test apparatus and operate test equipment.
- Review test requests to identify, modify and plan requirements, assembly and testing.
- Perform EPA testing.
- Supervise technicians in setting up for and conducting routine test and prototype assembly.
- Ability to effectively summarize and communicate test results to engineers and managers.
- Strong mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems knowledge with solid instrumentation skills.
- Assist in establishing annual budgets for the test lab.
- Work with overseas colleagues to insure tests are conducted according to internal procedures
Working hours: 8:00am to 5:00pm
--Minimum of 7-10 years' experience in a testing environment.
--Systems Management experience preferred
--Experienced in set-up and running of various data acquisition, evaluation and analysis systems
--Test experience should include temperature, power consumption, fatigue, vibration, stress, sound levels, electrical and hydraulic system performance
--Familiarity with UL
--Familiar with the design and troubleshooting of electronic circuits and mobile equipment
--Proficient in MS Office
--Semtech and SoMat experience a plus
--Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering is required.
--Advanced degree in Engineering and/or Management preferred
-- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or Bachelor of Science in Electrical E
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.