A local dynamic manufacturer seeks to add an Experienced Value Stream Leader to their growing team of professionals. Will be responsible for managing the production staff to exceed customers expectations and to meet company goals. Ensure that a continuous improvement methodology is applied throughout the scope of responsibility. Lead Value Stream team (end to end) in order to deliver to customers needs while aggressively eliminating waste in order to provide greater customer value.
- - Responsible end to end for customer orders.
- - Dotted line reports for all operators on each shift within the Value Stream.
- - Responsible for capacity planning of Value Stream.
- - Responsible for setting visual boards with planners.
- - Coordinate execution of plan with off shift Group Leader.
- - Responsible for root cause/corrective action for MRB items within Value Stream.
Working hours: 08:00AM - 4:00PM
---Education and/or Experience
- Requires a B.S. in Business Administration or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prefer at least 5 years of operations experience, which included management / leadership responsibilities within a lean organization.
- Requires experience with implementation and use of continuous improvement tools and philosophies. Minimum of 5 years work experience in a lean environment
- Minimum of 5 years of operations or manufacturing experience, three years? experience in leadership with a preference in manufacturing.
- General understanding of labor laws of the State of Connecticut.
- Completion of supervisory and leadership skills training.
- Knowledge of Lean principals as well as demonstrated Lean improvement experience.
- Ability to effectively organize several distinct functions, establish levels of responsibility, delegate appropriate authority and review the work and performance of subordinates in a manner conducive to efficient performance and high morale.
- Analytic acumen required with capability of preparing reports, forecasts, and budgets.
- Ability to manage manpower, capacity, and inventory to meet customer and company needs.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of 10 years of production manufacturing experience in a controlled industry. (Aerospace Industry Preferred)
- Minimum of 3 years of direct management experience. (Wire and cable industry preferred)
- Proficient in navigation of MRP system (Axiom preferred)
- Proficient in MS Office applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.