Spherion is seeking a talented, licensed veterinary technician as an invaluable resource for a local New Port Richey veterinary hospital. This position will bear a great deal of responsibility, and a job well done means a cohesive, well trained, effective veterinary medical team.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Admit patients to the exam room and accomplish all preliminary work i.e., recording pet weight, temperature, medical history, current complaints
- Assist the veterinarian in the examination room.
- Pet restraining during the examination and treatment. (Does not allow the client to pet or assist in restraint of the pet unless the veterinarian specifically approves).
- Admit and discharge patients on the doctor's orders, being especially careful to ensure that patients being discharged are well groomed and in a medically appropriate state
- Prepare animals for surgery, administering all pre-surgery pain medication, taking and running all pre-anesthetic blood screens
- Assist the doctor in surgery
- Properly clean, lubricate, wrap, and autoclave all surgical materials after they have been used.
- Keep the operating room properly stocked and prepared for surgery.
- Rotate the packs, gowns, hucks, and individually wrapped surgical instruments on a monthly basis and rewrap them if necessary
- Take and process all radiographs.
- Follow all safety rules regarding leaded gowns, thyroid collars, badges, gloves, and columniation.
- Properly label the film with the "R" or "L" marker and "VD" or "DV" markers.
- Properly label all films with the hospital and pet's name marker
- Perform routine laboratory tests to include complete blood counts, differentials, urinalysis, blood glucose, fungal cultures, heartworm (all tests), fecal analysis, parvo tests, feline leukemia/feline aids tests, and blood screens.
- Cytology of ears, skin, and fine needle aspirates may also be required.
Working hours: MON - FRI 8am to 5pm (Some nights and weekends)
Opportunity: Direct Hire Career, Monday - Friday, 8a - 5p, with some nights and weekends
Starting Salary: $12.00 - $15.00 per hour, depending on skills, experience and certification
Skills & Requirments:
--Must be a CURRENT Certified Veterinary Technician (CVT)
--A graduate of an American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) accredited program and has passed a rigid national competency examination.
--Associate in Science degree in Veterinary Technology and eligible to sit for the Veterinary Technician National Exam (VTNE).
--Be willing to work on a Mobile Veterinary Unit 2-3 days a week
--Must be friendly, self-reliant, have common sense, be articulate, and must not be afraid of cats and dogs.
--Applicant MUST have at least 2 years of VETERINARY experience.
--Applicant must be proficient with restraint of animals.
Serious applicants must submit an online application with Spherion and follow up with proof of Veterinary Certification to NatureCoast-FL@spherion.com.
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.