This position is responsible for overseeing the Commercial Special Assets of the bank. Responsibilities also include managing the collection department to ensure compliance with loan policies and procedures and adequate maintenance of the Bank's delinquent accounts at an acceptable level to reduce the Bank's risk of loss.
- Manage assigned special assets including negotiating workouts, forbearance agreements, restructures, settlements or pursuing litigation to ensure minimal risk to the bank and maximized recovery of debts owed
- The adequacy and performance against action plans as well as documenting the proper risk ratings, accrual status, and any potential charge offs.
- Manage regulatory reporting to ensure timely and accurate compliance with supervisory requirements (i.e., ACS 310 - impairments, concentrations, supervisory LTVs, non-accruals, etc.)
- Responsible for working with the officer, Collection Officer, SVP/Loan Administration, and the bank's legal counsel on any loans where we may have to initiate foreclosure proceedings.
- Manage and liquidate all assets acquired (other real estate or repossessed property) in satisfaction of debt to minimize the loss to the bank. Including
- Be a liaison to the Correspondent and Commercial lending departments to help identify potential problems loans in a timely manner.
- Review all delinquent loans on a periodic basis and take appropriate action where needed.
- Oversee the Collection Officers
- Proper administration of consumer bankruptcies including documenting any reaffirmation agreements, workout agreements, surrendering of the collateral, etc
- Proper administration of the Bank's overdraft policy, including monitoring all overdrawn checking accounts and working with the appropriate officer to collect or charge off accounts as needed
- Travel may be necessary when repossessions/foreclosures occur outside of the Fargo-Moorhead-West Fargo area and may require overnight stay
Working hours: To be determined
Job Skills Required
--Five years or more of collection management or supervisory experience
--A four-year degree in accounting, finance, or related field
--Working knowledge of loan documentation
--Proficiency with computer technology
--Ability to be a self-starter and work on their own
--Effective time management and organizational skills
This is a Direct Hire Opportunity
To be considered, please apply online at www.spherion.com/fargo
If you have any questions please contact Kathleen Toft at 701-412-2904
Spherion is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.