Warehouse Supervisor in North Charleston
North Charleston, South Carolina
Warehousing & Distribution
US$ 38,000 - US$ 42,000 per year, $38k - 42k per year + none
Gahagan, Matt, Spherion
Spherion is currently accepting resumes for a DIRECT HIRE, Warehouse Supervisor opening for a large logistics company located in the North Charleston, SC area. Please apply and forward a resume to Mattgahagan@spherion.com
- Studies production schedules and estimates work hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Recommends and implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product participating in Continuous Improvement activities.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of plant, department or line.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving problems.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Maintains production records.
- Confers with others to coordinate activities of plant personnel.
- Performs activities of workers supervised.
- Responsible for containment of non-stable and non-capable processes.
- Oversees all aspects of the production build.
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
--Enforces safety compliance by ensuring the proper training is given in OSHA mandated regulations such as electrical safety, hazard communications, etc. Will also ensure compliance with company safety rules and regulations and will offer training on a monthly basis on various safety topics.
--Reports machine and equipment malfunctions to maintenance personnel.
--Responsible for collecting data and reporting on monthly measurable goals.
--Identifies for collecting data and reporting on monthly measurable goals.
--Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement, ensures that continuous improvement activities are planned, implemented, measured, reported and reviewed in the respective area of responsibility.
--Reviews employee performance and coaches employees on a regular basis.
--Identifies performance or conduct issues, resolving the issue internally with the Employee (where possible and appropriate) and initiates the employee corrective action process (for internal resolution).
--Communicates issues that cannot be resolved to HR and develops an appropriate action plan with HR to correct the issue.
--Completes the performance appraisal process for direct report at a minimum on an annual basis.
--Plans goals and individual development with each direct report.
--Corrects and improves actions in the respective area with regards to employee satisfaction.
--Communicates daily with the team.
--Develops and controls documents and data within the functional area.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
High School Diploma or GED is required; Preferred Skills: Bachelor's degree or equivalent from a two or four year college or technical school; or up to five year's related experience and/or training; or a combination of both
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.