Our construction client is looking to hire a dynamic Accountant to join their team in Dickinson, TX.
- Review vendor invoices and contractor pay applications thoroughly to ensure billings are accurate and in accordance with contracts.
- Analyze and investigate billing discrepancies.
- Track compliance and verify completeness and accuracy of lien releases submitted by vendors and subcontractors.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable requirements including insurance.
- Maintain client system of record, program database, and all necessary records and systems for the program.
- Correspond with general contractors, subcontractors, and other vendors regarding invoicing and payment inquiries.
- Ensure invoice packages are complete and facilitate timely payment of approved invoices.
- Obtain W-9s and payment instructions for new vendors.
- Research any vendor or project manager questions regarding payment status.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Assist with tasks related to project closeout.
- Facilitate month-end close process and ensure all transactions are properly recorded and accounted for in Accounting System.
- Reconcile database information and perform other reporting and analysis as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
-Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Capacity and desire to meet deadlines and handle pressure on a daily basis
- Degree in accounting or related field; plus 4-7 years relevant work experience
No Degree Required
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles, fair credit practices and collection regulations
- Experience in construction projects or construction industry
- Proficiency in English language and in Microsoft Office and Quickbooks applications
Apply today and become part of something special!
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Spherion, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact Callcenter@spherion.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Spherion offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, and an incentive and recognition program (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Spherion's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Spherion representative for more information.