The Professional Division of Spherion Mid Ohio is partnered with a manufacturer in Loudonville, Ohio seeking an Accounts Payable/Costing Specialist. A successful applicant will be energetic, motivated, and organized candidate to join the team! Have you worked several years in manufacturing accounting or have your associates with accounts payable work experience under your belt? This may be the opportunity for you! Salary offered is up to $45K with a competitive benefit package to offer!
** This is a DIRECT HIRE opportunity, never go through a temp-to-hire process. If selected, day one you are this organizations employee! **
The Accounts Payable/Costing Specialist will be responsible for:
- General Accounting and Daily Reporting Support
- Data retrieval out of lumber production database; data & costing verification
- Considerable tracking for lumber movement, accuracy of tagged inventory & more
- Data entry for inbound deliveries, working with offsite A/P team member
- Accounts Payable preparation, capital project cost/PO tracking, vendor contact when needed for invoices
- Purchasing – some PO entry into Great Plains, receiving of goods, packing slip management
- Potential to eventually work with payroll processing, employee onboarding & changes as needed
- Miscellaneous requests – Filing, Insurance certificate maintenance, safety board updates
- Work collaboratively with site Management & Finance team to ensure site needs are being met
- Position will be dedicated backup for and fully cross-trained with onsite current Finance Team member.
The Accounts Payable/Costing Specialist will be required to have:
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- High School Diploma Required/Associates Degree (minimum) in Accounting/Business preferred
- Highly proficient in Excel with database and pivot table experience a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Great Plains financial & business management software will be a plus.
- Excellent verbal, written and listening skills.
- Proactive in identifying issues, opportunities, and needs.
- Superior organization skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to shift priorities and manage time effectively, completing a variety of work with changing deadlines accurately and on time.
- Exhibit high level of flexibility as well as eagerness to learn new skills.
- Ability to handle highly confidential information and perform non-routine duties with discretion and independent judgment.
- Excellent attendance record.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Team Player and Self-Starter desired for our high-performance team