Spherion Mid Ohio, in partnership with The JM Smucker Company, is a seeking an Accounts Receivable Coordinator to support the Smucker Financial Services division in Orrville, Ohio. This position will begin as a 6 month contract position, but there may be opportunity for permanent hire for the right candidate. This position offers a fantastic chance to gain valuable work experience within a Fortune 500 organization.
The Accounts Receivable Coordinator is primarily responsible for ensuring customer payments are accurately applied to customer invoices, deductions are appropriately created, and both are properly accounted for in the required accounting systems.
- Manage customer Accounts Receivable payments (checks, wire transfers, and electronic funds transfers) within High Radius by verifying proper application of customer obligations, deductions, and overpayment records that support key accounting and financial reporting directives
- Conduct daily High Radius to Oracle AR transmissions
- Review, amend, and resolve payment errors/issues in Oracle AR when discrepancies are identified
- Execute system tests for enhancements or 3 rd party updates
- Prepare monthly journal entries, general ledger account reconciliations, activities needed to close the AR period, and various quarterly financial close activities
- Monitor performance of cash application metrics
- Prepare and analyze monthly and quarterly order to cash related journal entries
- Reconcile and analyze related order to cash general ledger accounts using ARM tool
- Prepare AR Stats analysis and distribute to internal leadership
- Build relationships with internal partners to streamline processes and execute against company objectives
- Manage and process Accounts Receivable related requests through group email inbox
- Review and analyze weekly and monthly data transmissions to the General Ledger system and reconcile weekly activity within the Accounts Receivable system to support the company's financial reporting needs
- Manage and distribute non-EDI customer invoices daily and broker invoices monthly
- Manage, deposit, and record all miscellaneous cash checks received monthly
Skills and Experience:
- 1-3 years of Accounts Receivable experience preferred, but not required. 1-3 years of related business experience in financial accounting/analysis or supply chain field is also acceptable. Students pursuing Bachelor's degrees in Business, Finance, or Supply Chain fields are welcome to apply.
- Proficient with analyzing and expressing numbers
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Excel
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills needed in managing complex business situations and achieving objectives
- Effective interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, to build relationships with internal and external partners
- Ability to organize information and prioritize tasks in order to meet deadlines in time sensitive situations.
- Previous experience with HighRadius and/or Oracle AR a plus
- Ability to work independently and manage workload with minimal supervision
Bachelor's degree is preferred, but not required. Students pursuing Bachelor's degrees in Business, Finance, or Supply Chain fields are welcome to apply.
Pay: $22/hour (approximately $45,760 annually)
Monday – Friday, approximately 8am-5pm.
This position offers a hybrid work schedule with the opportunity to work a combination of days remotely and in the office at the Smucker Orrville campus. This position will be required to work one day per week on-site in the Smucker office in Orrville, OH.
Apply now to learn more about Spherion's unique, career building opportunities with The JM Smucker Company. There may be opportunity for permanent hire for the right candidate.