The Java Software Development Analyst II will work within a collaborative agile team. Responsibilities include development, reliability, availability, and performance of Java J2EE applications. Application services provide automation, workflow & process improvement, system/application integration, employer and payer applications.
The Analyst II reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems including coding, testing, debugging, and documenting programs for new or existing systems in accordance with project plans and specifications. They are responsible for delivering quality customer service, as well as, incorporating and adhering to requirements defined by Our technology standards. In addition, the Analyst II is responsible for providing accurate and timely completion of technical development and support tasks in accordance with Information Systems standards and methodologies.
Location: dallas, Texas
job type: Direct Hire
work hours: 9 to 5
- Design, develop and support Java web applications/solutions using OOP, Spring MVC and Struts
- Translate business requirements into functional and dynamic web pages, REST APIs, and back-end batch processes
- Design, develop database tables, stored procedures, triggers on the Oracle database platform and interact with data using JPA
- Contribute to projects alongside peers within the Agile Development Lifecycle
- Attend meetings for story writing/grooming, and status updates
- Work with business analysts to troubleshoot and resolve production support tickets
- Work with business analysts to plan and test production application releases
- Proactively suggest ideas for code patterns, performance improvements, database enhancements, design solutions
- Work with the Middleware and Database teams to deploy builds, execute database requests, troubleshoot problems
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering from an accredited college or equivalent education and experience
- In lieu of undergraduate degree, the ratio is 1:1 meaning one year of college equals one year of work experience and vice versa
- 5+ years of experience developing Java/J2EE web-based applications, including design/development of user interfaces using MVC Frameworks, Struts etc.
- Must have strong experience integrating complex J2EE systems and applications, ideally in an Oracle environment
- Strong knowledge and experience with Core Java and J2EE technologies.
- Knowledge of J2EE Frameworks like Hibernate, Velocity, Spring, is desirable
- Important that the candidate has XML, XSLT, and XML Schema experience.
- Experience with high volume/load, high performing hosted application development
- Strong SQL experience is a must
- Prior experience in Health Care Industry preferred
- Angular JS Experience preferred
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.