The Assistant Estimating Manager role supports the Estimating Manager to provide exceptional valuing support, integrating technology and human potential by utilizing State of the art practice and innovative software tools and methods. Deliver cost-effective, high quality estimating analyses.
This position will collaborate closely with both internal and external learning and development resources to ensure a high level of technical competence, quality and adherence to company estimating standards are met within all necessary trainings.
We are looking for someone who is Passion in everything they do!
This position comes with a great pay and great work schedule!
- Become the first point of contact to any incoming customer, caller, or salesman with estimating related questions.
- Be proactive and responsive skilled in effectively communicating with colleagues and clients both in-person and virtually.
- Participates in recruiting, hiring, training, and goal settings, and evaluations of estimating staff.
- Coach and mentor estimators on the latest developments of software based on company and client needs.
-Track utilization of assigned staff and support in allocation of, scheduling of, and assisting in estimating work.
- Facilitate continuous process improvement and identification of workflows to improve client service.
- Work with IT Department to ensure the stable operation and efficient utilization of software that includes researching, evaluating, testing, and training across the department.
- Ensure estimating projects are accessible in an organized manner within the appropriate programs for all staff to obtain and understand.
- Work with Training Coordinator to develop and prepare design staff training materials, including morning meeting educational sessions.
- Manage resources to identify price and software changes; ensure prices are identical within all resources
- Estimate quality, efficient trusses in a timely manner, as needed.
- Maintain availability, in case of emergency, through cell phone and email after hours and possible weekends.
- Mentor estimating staff and develop talent for succession.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supervises Estimators.
- Must be able to mentor and coach employees in an effective and positive manner. Someone who promotes and establishes a healthy and effective work environment.
Work Environment / Physical Demands
- Although the job operates in a clerical, office setting there is moderate noise (examples: business office equipment like printers, light traffic).
- This is a sedentary role. It requires close vision, color vision and depth perception - three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships.
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
See Required Skills
Required Education and Experience:
- 4 years of related experience and/or training within TRUSS CONSTRUCTION AND DESIGN.
- Proficient with ALPINE TRUSS DESIGN SOFTWARE.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, and other related software
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to complex inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publications that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extens
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Spherion, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact Callcenter@spherion.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Spherion offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, and an incentive and recognition program (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Spherion's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Spherion representative for more information.