We are looking to hire a Bookkeeper for an amazing firm with a diverse team in Cary! There will be an opportunity for a direct hire with full benefits and career advancement.
- Perform reconciliations and other accounting tasks as needed for Horizon clients
- Set up new client books
- Train & support new client users
- Act as liaison between company and other bookkeepers
- Prepare and run 1099s at year-end
- Process payroll for clients
- File and remit sales tax payments for clients
Working hours: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- 2-3 years of relevant accounting experience preferably in an accounting and/or tax firm environment
- QB Certified ProAdvisor preferred
- Experience with Quickbooks Online and Desktop.
- Experience with NC sales tax filing
- Experience processing payroll with ADP, Paychex, Gusto or similar payroll platform
- Associate Degree in Accounting or Accounting Certificate
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Customer service focused
- Highly proficient with MS Office products
- Excellent computer and technical skills
Please apply for immediate consideration and further information.
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Spherion, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact Callcenter@spherion.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Spherion offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, and an incentive and recognition program (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Spherion's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Spherion representative for more information.